Sunday, 6 May 2012

Craft Fair Review: Kimpton Mayfest



This weekend I was lucky enough to participate in the craft market at Kimpton Mayfest. It was a great community event with lots of activites for the whole village. Based in the school hall, the craft market was a really nice mix of crafters and makers with lots of variety and excellent quality.

My table was very well co-ordinated with the decor and gym equipment! And of course my gurning boyfriend added a bit of cheer to proceedings too!! As you can see, I decided to display some framed prints as per my earlier post - it definitely was a good move as there was a lot of interest in my prints and I sold a few over the two days.

It was really interesting taking part in a fair outside of London, very community orientated and a great atmosphere - I am hoping to be able to go back again next year. I'll also be looking for other small, local markets - it's lovely being part of something people are so enthusiastic about and a great feeling of camaraderie.

Aside from selling my work, one of my favourite things about doing these kinds of events is getting to meet new people. I got lots of really wonderful comments from customers and had some great chats about the pros and cons of a creative life with fellow stallholders!

Some of my favourite people and products from the fair:

Rosie's gorgeous papercut cards and gifts are really beautiful. And Rosie is absolutely lovely and gave me some great info on local markets. You can follow her crafty blog here.


I was also sitting next to a really fun cake pop stall run by Definitely Cakes, people loved them and I can see why - Shaun the sheep made out of cake and frosting is a hit in my books! There is a huge range of designs, definitely worth a look.



Not just cakes and cards caught my eye but some wonderful ceramic pieces by Kate Lingwood, so beautiful!




I also finished a new print over the weekend as an extra addition to my stall. I have had lots of interest in my dancing fox print and so drew this sleepy little guy to fit in with the foxy theme (he is now snoozing in my shop too!).


So overall a fabulous Bank Holiday weekend, if you know of any fairs or markets in the Hertfordshire/Bedfordshire areas please share. I'm on a roll! ;)

xx

P.s. GIVEAWAY IS STILL RUNNING - ENTER HERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment