Friday, 7 August 2015

Act of Kindness 4/12


I'm a bit behind on my Acts of Kindness, lots of things have taken a bit of a back seat while I enjoy being a Mum to my little Pickle for a bit. One of the things that I have done is have a bit of a clear out, breastfeeding means that there are lots of bras and clothes that are no longer practical / don't fit!

I saw a link to the Smalls For All charity on facebook, they send new pants and new or used bras to Africa for people that may not otherwise be able to afford them.

image source

Here's what they say on their website:

'Not only is it a health and hygiene problem for many poor African communities, as women often only own one pair of tattered pants or have none at all, but underwear is also seen as a status symbol and offers a degree of security. Women who can afford underwear tend to be seen as having someone who cares for them – a husband, brother or father. They are not on their own so they are not seen as vulnerable.'

So with that in mind I've parcelled up a load of bras to send on in the hope they'll be of use to someone else. A great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment